What is your vision of Ventura County for the next 20 years?
Equity - Environment - Economy
All three must be balanced for a vibrant county.
CFROG is working to ensure -
strong climate action,
are a part of the General Plan when it comes to oil and gas projects
and permitting in the county over the next 20 years.
- HERE is information on the County's website about the GenPlan and links to documents.
- HERE is the CFROG Green GenPlan BLOG for information over the past year of this ongoing process.
Contact your Supervisor and let them know you support:
- Strong Climate Action
- Environmental Justice
- An overall focus of public health, safety and legal compliance for oil and gas operations in Ventura County.
- Send a public comment to email@example.com for the October 16, General Plan Workshop.
- This can be the same language as your comment to your Supervisor, but will be part of the public record for the hearing on October 16, read by all Supervisors.
- RSVP to attend the Oct. 16 hearing.
- Share this page with your friends.
Sample comment Re: GenPlan Alternative Concepts Report, Oct. 16 : Dear Supervisor, Please direct staff to develop and include policies that aim to reduce the county's contribution to Climate Change and which will balance equity-environment-economy for a vibrant Ventura County.
CFROG efforts in the General Plan update so far:
- suggested revisions to the Background report to ensure an accurate picture of existing oil and gas operation, air quality, water issues, environmental justice and policies regarding climate change in Ventura County.
- Successfully advocated for Environmental Justice and Climate Action to be part of the Guiding Principles.
- Successfully advocated for action on Climate Change to be part of the Vision.