- CFROG's Facebook page is here.
- To view information about local oil and gas issues, log on to VC In Focus.
- The California Department of Conservation is responsible for strengthening and improving the state's oversight of oil and gas production; Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources: DOGGR home page.
- To view areas where oil wells have been drilled and review well records and production levels, log on to the DOGGR interactive mapping site.
- Ventura River Watershed Council has an excellent series of watershed maps here.
- To view the Feb. 12, 2013, hearing of the state Senate Joint Natural Resources and Environmental Quality Committees, click here. Ventura County Supervisor Steve Bennett’s comments start at 3:22:39.
FracFocus is a website managed by the Ground Water Protection Council and Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission. This site lists some fracked wells that a few energy companies have voluntarily disclosed. To view wells in the Ventura County area that have been listed, visit the site.
- Here is the discussion of fracking during the December 11, 2012 meeting of the Ventura County Board of Supervisors; scroll to Item #55 (page 13) on the Agenda to review details and recommendations.
Here is the Forest Service's "Forests to Faucets" interactive map, "an education tool to illustrate the link between forests and the provision of surface drinking water—a key watershed-based ecosystem service."
- To download a report by the University of Southern California Global Energy Network and The Communications Institute, and funded in part by the Western States Petroleum Association, “Powering California: The Monterey Shale and California’s Economic Future,” click here.
- To review supporting materials from a 2013 presentation by Ventura County Staff and the State Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources regarding fracking in Ventura County click here.
- To review a report by the Wheeler Institute for Water Law and Policy, UC Berkeley Center for Law, Energy and the Environment, "Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing in California: A Wastewater and Water Quality Perspective," click here.
Do you like this page?