- 3,719 active oil and gas wells
- 1241 of those are injection wells
- 458 Fracked Wells.
- 1241 Idle Wells - can be easily made active
- 442 buried – old wells, plugged and buried
- 4215 plugged wells. Old unused wells, aging casings.
- Most of these wells are within one of three major watersheds in Ventura County.
- Many are drilled through our groundwater aquifers – forcing the public to rely on aging casings, a complicated web of regulatory agencies.
The map below shows the large oil and gas pipelines that are used to move separated "product" to market and/or to be refined.
Do you like this page?