CFROG is asking you to support Planning Commissioner Bruce Smith. LOCAL ACTION FOR LOCAL IMPACT.
He was appointed by Supervisor Steve Bennett and confirmed by the Board of Supervisors on Feb. 28. Supervisor's Peter Foy and Kelly Long were not present for the vote. Now, Supervisor Peter Foy is asking the Board to remove him without cause. Commissioner Smith has a wealth of institutional knowledge that will be vital to the current VC General Plan Update Process. The General Plan document governs all land use decisions in the unincorporated areas of Ventura County and will be in effect until 2040 - CFROG is working to ensure the foundation is put in the General Plan for policies that will ensure public health and environmental protection are priorities when it comes to oil and gas project reviews for the next 20 years.
Ways to Take Action -
- Send an email and call YOUR Supervisor and let them know you support Commissioner Smith and want them to vote against removing him. **If you are in Supervisor Foy's district - let him know you are very opposed to this action you took and do not support him in this attempt to have Commissioner Smith remove. HERE is a list of Supervisors and contact information.
- Email the Clerk of the Board - email@example.com / Your email will be viewed by all Supervisors and will be part of the official record.
- Attend the hearing next Tuesday, April 11 at 9:30 am. RSVP below to attend. And let our local, elected Supervisors know you want them to Keep Commissioner Smith!
- Sign Our Petition to Keep Commissioner Smith - Sign HERE and please include the city where you live.
- Tell your Friends - Share with 10 of your friends
800 S Victoria Ave
Ventura, CA 93009
Google map and directions