Who We Are
CFROG is a Ventura County, California based watch-dog and advocacy non-profit organization. Our mission is to reduce and phase-out toxic emissions from oil and gas operations in Ventura County. We are activists who protect our natural environment and ourselves from the irreparable damage that can be caused by fossil fuel extraction.
This is a full-time, exempt, at-will position. The position reports to the Board of Directors (Board).
The Executive Director runs the day-to-day operations of CFROG, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission, and meeting its financial objectives in program development and administration. Other key duties include advocacy (particularly with local elected officials), outreach and partnerships with other environmental groups, and community education on the dangers of fossil fuel extraction. The Executive Director will coordinate programs and volunteers, handle internal and external relationships, and oversee fundraising efforts. The Executive Director will develop deep knowledge of relevant issues affecting oil and gas operations in Ventura County, and maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and Board.
• Leadership experience in effectively managing programs.
• Action-oriented, flexible, ability to juggle multiple tasks, and self-directed.
• Strong research skills.
• Experience managing advocacy campaigns.
• Previous experience managing staff and volunteers.
• Computer skills including word processing, database programs and internet/web-site.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Passion, integrity, positive attitude, and high ethical standards.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send resume, writing sample and letter to: ISO805@OUTLOOK.COM