The past year has proven that a small, savvy group of activists CAN change the direction of public policy.
With your support, we’ve had a number of successes protecting our air, land, and water:
- First to warn about the discovery of petroleum-related gases in Oxnard’s aquifer. Sought and won unanimous Board of Supervisors vote for a moratorium to protect our water.
- Fought to successfully deny an expanded oilfield near a low-income community with a high pollution burden.
- Put oil companies on notice with a long-sought vote by the Board of Supervisors to bring all new projects under modern environmental review.
- Supported the inclusion of a robust climate action plan in Ventura County’s new General Plan.
- Administered a successful community air monitoring program in low-income communities.
Thank you for being a part of our successful team. We are fighting against an industry with tremendous resources that they use to confuse and manipulate public opinion and your help has made all the difference.
We will all be proud to tell our grandchildren that yes, we saw the planet struggling and we took a stand.
*Donations are processed through Paypal.