CFROG protects communities, wild places and open spaces
from the negative impacts of oil and gas extraction.
Map of oil wells and permits in Ventura County -
CFROG's new interactive oil well and permit map.
Click on Map to see oil wells in your area.
This map was built for CFROG by Lynna Ohanian, Climate Fellow with the AmeriCorps CivicSpark program.
This interactive map shows all of the oil and gas wells in Ventura County and the land-use permits they operate under (Conditional Use Permits or “CUP”), which have been issued by the Ventura County Planning Department.
- Enter your address to view wells near where you live.
- You can click on a CUP boundary (red shaded areas) to see information about that permit.
- One of CFROG’s 2019 projects is creating a database with information on each CUP so the public can view permit conditions the oil companies are required to follow.
- Oil Permit data from Ventura County Resource Management Agency at https://www.ventura.org/gis-and-mapping/permits-rma/. Obtained on November 28, 2018.
- Oil well data from Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) at https://www.conservation.ca.gov/dog/maps/Pages/GISMapping2.aspx. Obtained on October 10, 2018.
- CLICK HERE for more info on projects CFROG is working on in 2019.