Shute Mihaly & Weinberger's Comments on behalf of CFROG regarding Certification of the 2040 General Plan Final Environmental Impact Report and Adoption of the 2040 General Plan
CFROG is Hiring
The Executive Director (ED) is the Chief Executive Officer of CFROG and is responsible for the organization's ongoing achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED provides strategic direction for the organization and serves as its primary spokesperson among key audiences (more information).
To apply, submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to CFROG.JOBS@gmail.com. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
During this difficult time, CFROG is still fighting for you. While many of our programs are on hold, we are still able to serve you as a clearinghouse for information. We can also still continue to serve you in our watchdog role. Contact us at email@example.com if you see an oil and gas issue you would like us to follow up on. Our team of experts can answer your questions.
• Taking on the oil industry
• Campaigning for clean air and water
• Advocating for the health and safety of our residents
As residents of the fastest-warming county in the lower 48 states, we are more motivated than ever to help build a sustainable future for our planet. Climate First: Replacing Oil and Gas (CFROG) has built a team of experts to challenge the status quo with facts and commonsense proposals to fight bad projects that hurt our environment and jeopardize our health.
Our success speaks for itself:
- Won unanimous Board of Supervisors vote for a moratorium to stop new cyclic steam oil drilling activities in the Oxnard Plain in order to protect our water.
- Fought to successfully deny an expanded oilfield near a low-income community with a high pollution burden.
- Put oil companies on notice with a long-sought vote by the Board of Supervisors to bring all new projects under modern environmental review.
- Supported the inclusion of a robust climate action plan in Ventura County’s new General Plan.
- Administered a successful community air monitoring program in low-income communities.
Home page aerial photo by Jimmy Young.