• Taking on the oil industry
• Campaigning for clean air and water
• Advocating for the health and safety of our residents
CFROG has built a team of experts to challenge the status quo with facts and commonsense proposals to fight bad projects that hurt our environment and jeopardize our health.
Our success speaks for itself:
- Won unanimous Board of Supervisors vote for a moratorium to stop new cyclic steam oil drilling activities in the Oxnard Plain in order to protect our water.
- Fought to successfully deny an expanded oilfield near a low-income community with a high pollution burden.
- Put oil companies on notice with a long-sought vote by the Board of Supervisors to bring all new projects under modern environmental review.
- Supported the inclusion of a robust climate action plan in Ventura County’s new General Plan.
- Administered a successful community air monitoring program in low-income communities.
Announcing our partnership with environmental leader Patagonia
From now through December 31, 2019, Patagonia will match all donations made to CFROG through its Action Works program. We're proud that this company, which gives generously to organizations working to protect our environment, has put its faith in us.