• Taking on the oil industry
• Campaigning for clean air and water
• Advocating for the health and safety of our residents
CFROG has built a team of experts to challenge the status quo with facts and commonsense proposals to fight bad projects that hurt our environment and jeopardize our health.
Our success speaks for itself:
- Won unanimous Board of Supervisors vote for a moratorium to stop new cyclic steam oil drilling activities in the Oxnard Plain in order to protect our water.
- Fought to successfully deny an expanded oilfield near a low-income community with a high pollution burden.
- Put oil companies on notice with a long-sought vote by the Board of Supervisors to bring all new projects under modern environmental review.
- Supported the inclusion of a robust climate action plan in Ventura County’s new General Plan.
- Administered a successful community air monitoring program in low-income communities.
Home page aerial photo by Jimmy Young.