Is clean air and water important in Newbury Park?
Do you think everyone in VC should have clean air and water?
Should Ventura County create a green, healthy and forward thinking land use policy over the next two decades?
Come tell Ventura County Planning what your priorities are for land use where you live, work and play.
Tell the county to include Environmental Justice in the Guiding Principles for the county General Plan.
Public Meeting details: the Ventura County Planning Department is going to host a public workshop to receive input from the local community.
This meeting focuses on the setting the "Vision & Guiding Principles" as the planning department prepares to begin the environmental review portion and then moving into drafting the new General Plan document.
NOW is the time to let your local planning agency know you want the land use constitution for the county to make
clean water and clean air for all
the top priority for land use decisions over the next 20 years.
1) RSVP to attend the meeting on July 19.
If you agree - come prepared to tell the County that you support CFROG's request for an Environmental Justice principle in the Guiding Principles. CFROG recommended the following:
- An Environmental Justice principle must be added to the list of Guiding principles which states that the County seeks to ensure the protection of residents in disadvantaged communities from disproportionate burdens related to pollution, noxious industries, and risks of environmental hazards, (Health and Safety).
- The public health principle should incorporate environmental justice concerns by being revised as follows: Promote economic, social, and physical health and wellness by encouraging walking and biking; ensuring equitable access to parks, public transit, and healthy foods; and integrating Health in All Policies into the built environment. (Healthy Communities)
2) Share with your friends - bring your neighbors.
3) If you are unable to attend, fill out this county form - letting the county know clean air and water for all - environmental justice are important in the county and you want those tenets included in the Vision & Guiding Principles. AND send your other email comments to: Susan Curtis, Ventura County GenPlan Update project manager, (805) 654-2497, email susan.Curtis@ventura.org
Details about CFROG's participation in the Ventura County General Plan Update -
On June 8 CFROG participated in the workshop on the "Vision & Guiding Principles" before the Ventura County Planning Commission. HERE are the details about that meeting, and the requests that CFROG made.
RSVP to attend the hearing and join with CFROG working for a green, healthy and forward thinking general plan -
190 Reino Rd
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Google map and directions