Ventura County approved new oil facility without health impact study.
- Final Canvassing Push in Oxnard - Come Walk for Environmental Justice in Oxnard! Sunday, August 20 - RSVP HERE.
- PUBLIC APPEAL HEARING: 8:30am, Thursday, September 7- Ventura County Government Center, Board Hearing Room. RSVP HERE.
June 8, 2017 - Superintendent of Ocean View School District in Oxnard submits letter to Ventura County Planning Department regarding concerns with the project. HERE is the letter.
June 26, we have nearly 800 signatures on our hard copy petition in support of the appeal. These signatures are being gathered in the Oxnard community immediately around the project site. Sign our online petition now.
Summary: Se Habla Espanol - In March 2017 the Ventura County Planning Director approved four new oil and gas wells and an expanded processing facility for the Cabrillo Oil Field in South Oxnard without studying the potential health impacts to nearby residents. The people are already overburdened with pollution for heavy agriculture activities, gas fired peaker plants and traffic.
Oxnard is not a sacrifice zone!
Ventura County did not consider any Environmental Justice issues in the processing of this project application.
Quick Facts -
- Four new oil and gas wells have been approved without full study of potential impacts to public health, air, water and soil.
- Community already burdened with chemicals, pesticides and air pollution.
- New oil field “hub” to separate oil, water & gas for 20 wells in Cabrillo Field (another 15 had previously been approved by the county but the timeframe in which to drill has passed - the operator may reapply for those wells) – All those trucks are NOT being considered in this project review.
- Citizens For Responsible Oil and Gas (CFROG) and Food & Water Watch (FWW) are fighting the approval of this project because without a full study - public health, air, water and soil are put at risk.
- Come Canvass in Oxnard: Sunday, August 20 - RSVP HERE.
- RSVP to attend the Appeal Hearing before the Ventura County Planning Commission on September 7
- Sign Petition in Support of Appeal.
- Share with your friends. Share