#Environmental Justice In Oxnard -
Project Status: Board of Supervisor Hearing is set for December 5 - Stay Tuned.
-On Sept. 7 the VC Planning Commission voted to approve the project as is. We applaud Commissioner Nora Aidukas for her no vote and Commissioner Phil White for his attempt to add a permit condition that would have helped reduce emissions.
CFROG is partnered with Food & Water Watch in our appeal of an oil and gas project at Etting & Dodge Roads in Oxnard. On April 13, 2017 partners CFROG and Food & Water Watch appealed a project approved by the Ventura County Planning Director that adds more oil and gas wells to a location without studying how an increase in truck traffic, emissions from more oil wells and other factors will impact residents, students at local schools, and farm workers in the area.
Stay tuned !
#Protect Our Coast from New Drilling & Fracking
NO NEW DRILLING in Federal Waters on California Coastline!
CFROG has joined a statewide coalition of organizations working throughout the west to stop Trumps assault of the California Coastline by opening up federal waters to more drilling and fracking.
Our local environment and economy depend on healthy and clean oceans and more drilling puts that in jeopardy.
1. Join the No Offshore Drilling CFROG Action Team. Send an email NOW to our Executive Director to get involved. We have a deadline approaching and need help from people across Ventura County TODAY! Email: ED@CFROG.org
2. Share with your friends.
#VC Needs Green General Plan -
CFROG is working to ensure Ventura County creates and approves a green, healthy and forward thinking General Plan that will govern all land use decisions in the county until 2040. Details coming soon.
The fact is there are impacts from the existing and expanding oil and gas activity in Ventura County. Impacts to public health, the environment and our water. CFROG has taken action and is mobilizing to participate in the Ventura County General Plan Update process over the next four years. The GenPlan document governs all land use decisions until 2040.
We see oil and gas activity expanding - more wells are approved every year. That means more trucks, more pipelines - more potential for spills and leaks.
#Enforcing CEQA in VC -
CFROG is ensuring that when Ventura County approves an oil and gas project it is complying with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) - including parts of the law that require impacts to public health, air, water and endangered species be studied and considered.
CFROG digs into project applications, historic land use permit documents to find errors, violations, inconsistencies and gaps in oversight. When appropriate we submit comments, file appeals and ultimately may take legal action.
CFROG is reviewing a new application -
*August 2017 Status: The City of Ojai has filed an appeal of this project. CFROG is providing informational and outreach support. We applaud the city for taking seriously its duty to protect public health.
CFROG has filed an appeal -
1. Renaissance Petroleum Expansion - Oxnard - see info above about Environmental Justice in Oxnard. RSVP to the September 7 Planning Commission hearing.
CFROG currently has two active CEQA lawsuits in Ventura County -
Issues CFROG is Monitoring In Ventura County:
- Fracking onshore and offshore.
- Aging oil and gas infrastructure
- Unmapped pipelines/pipeline maintenance
- Rincon Island
- Ongoing investigation of Los Angeles Regional Water Board.
- Idle wells
- abandoned/orphaned wells
Since 2013 CFROG has worked for clean air and water for all in Ventura County. Our program areas include:
- Working for Environmental Justice
- Advocating for responsible and forward thinking land use planning and policies
- Advocating for transparency and accuracy in the oil and gas permitting process
- Ensuring the public interest is represented during the oil and gas permitting process
- Educating the public and local decision makers about the impacts of oil and gas activity on our air and water.
- Monitoring oil and gas regulators
- Monitoring the enforcement of land use permit conditions.
Past Actions & Victories:
Since 2013 CFROG has appealed seven oil and gas project that were approved by Ventura County.